These are a few suggestions for preparing your quilt top. If you have any questions you are welcome to contact me.
- Snip all thread ends. Dark threads will show through a lighter fabric
- If applicable, place a safety pin with a ‘Top’ label at the centre of the edge you want to be the top.
- If you are joining backing fabrics please remove the selvages, use a 1/2″ seam allowance and press the seams open.
- Ensure that your backing is big enough, I recommend that your backing is at least 6 inches bigger around all sides of the quilt top, this ensures that the backing can be attached to the canvas leaders with ease and there will be enough backing when the quilting gets to the end of the quilt top.
- Ensure the your wadding is large enough, for the same reasons as above. If you have to join the wadding together just butt the edges together (without overlapping) and a large zigzag stitch to join together.
- Make sure your backing is square and sits flat – No puckers if you have joined the pieces. The sides should be straight and the selvedges have been cut off
- Please do not baste or pin your quilt together before sending it in to be quilted, the 3 layers are loaded onto separate rollers individually